|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
Forms, operating principles of current instruments of marketing in the online environment. Critical discussion about the appropriate use and implementation of various methods.
Characteristics and operating principles of:
- E-mail marketing
- Search engine advertising and optimisation (SEA, SEO)
- Online advertising
- Social media
- Online PR
- Mobile marketing
- Aspects for critical evaluation of tools in order to achieve marketing objectives:
- Definition of appropriate evaluation criteria
- Differences in the suitability of instruments for generic marketing objectives
- Dependencies or correlations between these forms
- Success parameters and the recording of these
- Legal or technical prerequisites
- Basis for the implementation of online sales channels:
- Types of online business models
- Success factors of different types of business models
- Case studies
- Students know different forms of online marketing (affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, search engine ads and optimisation (SEA, SEO), online advertising, social media, online PR, mobile marketing).
- Students know the essential legal and technical framework for the use of online marketing elements.
- Students are able to explain the working principles of the different forms of online marketing.
- Students understand the application areas and limitations of various options.
- Students can pinpoint and describe dependencies and links between online marketing and traditional marketing approaches.
- Students understand existing possibilities and limitations of external information gathering.
- Students can name success criteria and assign them to individual approaches.
- Students can use industry standard solutions and apply them appropriately to given problems.
- Students can identify and analyse critical success factors.
- Students can design a proposal for the use of online marketing approaches and design ways to test their success for a given real business situation.
- Students can reflect critically on the advantages and disadvantages of existing approaches and are able to evaluate alternatives.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
Online seminar with mandatory attendance on multiple occasions
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Recommended or required reading|
Kreutzer, Ralf T. (2014): Praxisorientiertes Online-Marketing: Konzepte - Instrumente - Checklisten. Auflage: 2., vollst. überarb. u. erw. Aufl. 2014. Wiesbaden: Springer Gabler.
Lammenett, Erwin (2013): Praxiswissen Online-Marketing: Affiliate- und E-Mail-Marketing, Suchmaschinenmarketing, Online-Werbung, Social Media, Online-PR. Auflage: 4., vollst. überarb. u. erw. Aufl. 2014. Wiesbaden: Springer Gabler.
Heinemann, Gerrit (2015): Der neue Online-Handel: Geschäftsmodell und Kanalexzellenz im Digital Commerce. Auflage: 6., vollst. überarb. Aufl. 2015. Place of publication not identified: Springer Gabler.
|Mode of delivery (face-to-face, distance learning)|
Seminar with face-to-face instruction and distance learning