|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
- Design of simple mechanical components
- Knowledge CAD-software Siemens NX
- Design of parts, assemblies, parts lists, drawings, fully dimensioned drawings according to standard
- Requirements analysis: determining requirements, documenting requirements, checking and reconciling requirements, requirements management, systems development life cycle, SysML
- PLC: automation pyramid, PLC versus microcontrollers, PLC versus soft PLC, operation of a controller, introduction to IEC61131-3 applications, security
- CAD: snap connections, manipulators, CAD
- FEM: computer aided engineering, principle of the finite element method, types of structural analyses, function of structural analyses, finite element analyses, procedure, adjusting the geometry, boundary conditions, element types, material, mesh, common mistakes in modeling.
- The students can determine and document requirements.
- The students can program a sequence control in the PLC programming language Structured Text.
- The students can design and manufacture a simple manipulator.
- The students can apply the FEM (finite element method) to a mechanical structure.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
Lectures, project work
|Assessment methods and criteria|
Written examination, technical documentation, project result.
|Recommended or required reading|
- Budynas, Richard G.; Nisbett, J. Keith; Tangchaichit, Kiatfa (2015): Shigley’s mechanical engineering design. Tenth. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Zienkiewicz, Olgierd C.; Taylor, Robert L.; Zhu, J. Z. (2006): The finite element method: its basis and fundamentals. 6th edition. Amsterdam: Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann.
- John, Karl-Heinz; Tiegelkamp, Michael (2010): IEC 61131-3: Programming Industrial Automation Systems: Concepts and Programming Languages, Requirements for Programming Systems, Decision-Making Aids. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag.
- Demant, Christian; Streicher-Abel, Bernd; Garnica, Carsten (2013): Industrial Image Processing: visual quality control in manufacturing. Berlin: Springer.
- Karolina Zmitrowicz (2014): Requirements Engineering. Online: https://leanpub.com/requirements-engineering (accessed: 25.03.2021)
|Mode of delivery (face-to-face, distance learning)|